This just has to be one of the best drinks ever. And, it is super easy to make. It is not quick because it has to freeze, but the actual putting it together is quick. I started out trying to make these as pops, but with all the wine, they didn’t freeze hard enough. You could pull the sticks right out of the pop without taking the pop out of the mold. But, they are the perfect slushie consistency! And, slushies are so much easier to make.
You could probably just put these in a bowl to freeze and then spoon them out because they never actually freeze completely solid. But, I prefer to put them in ice cube trays and then kind of crush them up with a spoon.
Blackberry Merlot Slushies
- 2 cups Merlot, divided (I used Mirassou.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 ounces blackberries
- Heat 1/2 cup Merlot, sugar, and blackberries over medium high heat in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook stirring frequently until berries have cooked apart. You may need to reduce the heat at some point to keep it from boiling over.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining Merlot.
- Pour into ice cube trays.
- Freeze until firm.
- Remove from cubes and break up with a spoon. Spoon into glasses and serve immediately.