So, I have ummm… missed a few posts. It has been a crazy few weeks around here. Most recently, I have been out of town for my daughter’s graduation from college. We are super proud of her! And, even this is kind of a cheater’s post. I have another post coming up that actually uses this lemon curd in it. It is more of a recipe than this is, but I thought it would be a good idea to include this separately because there are lot of things you can do with lemon curd… eating it straight comes to mind because it really is that good.
Due to my insane busyness, these photos were taken while the lemon curd was still room temperature. It is actually much thicker when it gets cold. Probably the best part of this recipe is that it is done in the microwave, so it is just so quick and easy!
Lemon Curd - Microwave Version
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (the juice from about 6 lemons)
- zest from all the lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter in microwave.
- Stir in lemon juice, zest, and sugar until well combined.
- Gradually, stir in yolks.
- Microwave on 50% power for 3 minutes, stirring between each minute.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals at full power, stirring between intervals, until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate until chilled. The curd will thicken considerably as it cools.