These strawberry hand pies are so good that you just have to try them! I seriously had a hard time not eating them all by myself. They are small, but you could easily make them almost any size. I used a 4 inch cookie cutter and got seven out of a single pie crust. I kind of wish I had made more. They are made using the strawberry butter I posted yesterday. You can use your favorite pie crust or even store bought. This is my favorite. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store bought
- 10½ tsps. strawberry butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsps. sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut pie crust into 7 4 inch circles.
- Place 1½ tsps. strawberry butter in the center of each circle.
- Moisten edge of the circle and fold over.
- Crimp edges with the tines of a fork.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Mix egg yolk with 1 tsp. water.
- Brush over pies.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut a small slit in each pie to vent.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly.
This recipe was shared on Hungry Little Girl’s Wednesday Extravaganza and on Foodie Friends Friday.