I love cranberries. Yes, I do realize that I open every cranberry recipe with something along those lines, but really cranberry is definitely my favorite holiday flavor. This cranberry relish couldn’t be easier to make. I mean, it is not even cooked! But, it is just so good! If you are a cranberry fan like me, you just have to try it. And, if you are one of those people who just don’t like the usual cranberry sauce, this recipe just might change your mind about cranberries.
This recipe really is just cranberries, an orange, and sugar processed in the food processor. I used one navel orange so that I wouldn’t have to deal with seeds. I use both the peel and the fruit, but try not to get too much of the white pith. To do this, I peel a thin layer of the orange peel off with a knife and then peel the white pith off separately. I then use the fruit and the first thin layer of orange peel, but discard the white part.
- 1 12 ounce package cranberries
- 1 large orange (If you don't use a seedless variety, be sure to remove the seeds.)
- ½ cup sugar - or more or less to taste
- Thinly peel the orange and remove the white pith.
- Place the thin orange peel and the fruit in the bowl of a food processor along with the cranberries and sugar.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for several hours before serving.