This is the simplest recipe. I mean it is not even a recipe really. But, it is so good. It tastes just like the s’mores you are used to, but it is made in the oven and is really cute for Valentine’s Day! This would be a great Valentine’s Day dessert, especially if you don’t have a lot of time. And, it could easily be doubled or tripled if you are going to have kids around on Valentine’s Day, and kids would love this.
I got this idea from Heart’s & Crafts Boutique when she posted her S’mores in a Jar recipe on Foodie Friends Friday last week. I just wanted to make them, not give them as gifts, so I put them in ramekins and made the portions a little smaller. And, I wanted them to look like Valentine’s Day and with no jar to decorate, I needed to make the s’mores themselves a little more decorative. So, I used Vanilla Cream Flavored Marshmallow Hearts by Peeps instead of the miniature marshmallows. And, I wanted a little more color, so I added a sprinkle of pink sugar. I listed the baking time as 8 to 10 minutes. These cooked 10 and were wonderful, but the heart lost its shape a bit. It looked better after 8, so I may have let it bake a little long. On the other hand, the taste was perfect, so maybe it was worth giving up the heart shaped heart.
- ½ cup Teddy Graham or broken graham crackers
- 12 Hershey’s kisses or pieces of milk chocolate
- 2 heart shaped marshmallows (I used Peeps.)
- Pink or red sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide graham crackers and place in the bottom of two 6 oz. ramekins
- Place chocolate on top of the graham crackers.
- Place one marshmallow heart on top of the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted.