Alder Wood Smoked Salmon Patties with Sriracha Mayonnaise
- 2 14.5 oz. cans of wild Salmon (The type with skin and bones.)
- 3 green onion tops, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsps. fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. ancho chili powder
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1/3 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsps. lite mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- Open and drain the cans of salmon and empty them into a large bowl. Using your hands remove as much of the skin and bones as you are able. The salmon has been fully cooked before canning and you can leave the bones in them I just would rather not.
- After you have sorted through the salmon, add the remaining ingredients. If you have cooked the sweet potato just before making the patties try and let it cool a bit before you put it together. If you cannot wait, add the eggs last so that the eggs will not start to be cooked by the sweet potato.
- Mix it all by hand making sure that it is thoroughly blended.
- Form into balls and press flat on a baking sheet.
- Once all the salmon has been formed, cover the sheet with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- Mix your sauce by adding the sriracha to the mayonnaise and whisk together.
- Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Soak the alder wood while the salmon sits in the refrigerator.
- Depending on the grill you decide to use if the surface is large enough you can use a cast iron skillet to cook in or if your grill is longer you can use a cast iron griddle http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-LPGI3-Grid-Grill-Griddle/dp/B00008GKDQ.
- Pre heat your grill to about 300°. Add a thin coating of canola oil to your cast iron and place it on the grill.
- As it gets hot lay your salmon patties on and close the grill.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on one side then flip and cook for about 3 minutes. If you have an instant read thermometer your looking for an internal temp of 145° remove from the grill and serve immediately.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/alder-wood-smoked-salmon-patties-sriracha-mayonnaise/