Appetizers for Your New Year's Eve Party
- 12 sticks, part skim mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 Tbsps. all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Cut each cheese stick in half and freeze until firm (about an hour).
- Mix together panko and seasonings in a small bowl. Put beaten egg in a second bowl, and flour in a third bowl.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll the cheese sticks in the flour, then dip them in the egg, and finally dredge them in the panko mixture, and place them on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes on each side for a total of 8-10 minutes.
- Be sure to watch them carefully, so that they do not melt enough to loose shape.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/appetizers-for-your-new-years-eve-party/