Last week we made Cinnamon Ice cream and I needed something to put it on….Guess what? It was an Apple Crisp, and boy oh boy it was good. I usually don’t “bake” sweets so this was something new for me to try and since I have this wonderful baker in the house I figured she would not let me mess-up too bad. 🙂
With it being fall, which is apple time, I thought this was a good call.
It was a very simple process and for the most part went together quickly. Apples, sugar, cinnamon, butter, oats, corn starch and flour, that’s about all there was to it.
Here we go….
Apple Crisp for Man Food Mondays
- 6 medium sized Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced and cored
- 1 cups sugar brown
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Mix 1 cup of brown sugar with 1/4 cup of corn starch and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Peel and core the apples. Then, either slice or large dice them.
- Toss apples in the mixture and place in the bottom of a casserole dish
- Mix together the remaining ingredients with an electric mixer and spread evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until done
Perfection! It did not last very long in the refrigerator either….. I have always liked cooked apple things, and this was a delight to have.
Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Take care and see you next week.