Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 2 large tart baking apples, chopped (I used Granny Smiths.)
- the juice of one lemon
- 2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Stir the lemon juice into the apples as soon as you get them chopped to prevent browning.
- Stir 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and cornstarch into apples.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook apples stirring constantly until they are lightly cooked and a slightly thickened sauce forms around them. (between 5 and 10 minutes)
- Place 1/4 cup of apple mixture near the corner of each egg roll. Fold the corner up over the filling. Then fold in the sides and roll up. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Stir together remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Brush both sides of egg rolls with melted butter and then sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar. You will probably have some cinnamon sugar left over, but it is good sprinkled on lots of things, so save it for when you want a little sprinkled on something else.
- Bake until golden brown (10 to 15 minutes).
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/apple-pie-egg-rolls/