Before I tell you about this wonderful avocado mango salad, I have some other news to share with you. You may have noticed that I changed my tagline to say former Calculus teacher. Well, it is true, I have quit teaching and school is out for summer, so you are going to see a few changes around here. I am going to finally get around to updating my index of recipes, and I am going to be posting more frequently – after I take a few days off to rest. It has been a very stressful year at school, so rest is necessary. Yes, I will have to find another job, but in the meantime, I’m going to be here trying to improve the blog.
Now for the avocado mango salad. If you like avocado or mango or sesame, you are going to love this. And, the added bonus is that it is so pretty. The mango adds just the right amount of sweetness and the black sesame seeds add the perfect crunch. I made it just for two, but had a good bit of dressing leftover. You could easily double the salad amounts and use the same dressing to serve four. Hope you enjoy!
Avocado Mango Salad with Black Sesame Dressing
- 4 cups salad greens (Use your favorite. I used a combination of red and green leaf lettuce.)
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsps. salte
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. roasted black sesame seeds
- Divide lettuce mango, and avocado between two plates.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.