This month’s theme for The Salad Bar is avocado. I love avocado, so it was just a matter of coming up with what I was in the mood to do with it. I used avocado in two ways in this salad. First, it is tossed in with the greens, and then in is in the delightfully creamy dressing. I made it for two, but it could certainly be doubled, etc. for more, and I had a little dressing leftover. The vegetables in the salad were green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and banana peppers, but you could change these to your likings or what you have on hand. We are currently overrun with both tomatoes and banana peppers from our garden, so they were an obvious choice for me. This salad was awesome, and I certainly hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad #thesaladbar
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced very thin (My grocery store has them pre-sliced.)
- Montreal Seasoning
- 6 cups green leaf lettuce, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large tomato cubed
- 2 banana peppers, sliced, seeds removed
- 4 slices of bacon, fried, cooled, and crumbled
- 2 avocados
- 2 tsps. lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- salt to taste
- Sprinkle chicken with Montreal Seasoning, and grill over medium heat until juices run clear. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a food processor, combine 1 avocado (peeled and seeded), sour cream, garlic, and salt. Process until smooth. Refrigerate until use.
- Peel and cube remaining 1 avocado and toss with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Toss together lettuce, tomato, pepper, and avocado.
- Top with chicken and crumbled bacon.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.