Black and Blue Burgers
- 3 tablespoons powdered garlic
- 2 tablespoons red pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon pink pepper
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry oregano
- 2 tablespoons ancho pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 pounds ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons blackened seasoning
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 8 oz. portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Buns (I used pretzel buns from the bakery.)
- Spinach or lettuce
- Tomato, sliced
- Chopped chives and parsely
- In a non reactive bowl combine the seasoning ingredients. Mix well. Use 3 tablespoons for this recipe. The rest can be stored in airtight container for future use.
- Place ground chuck in a bowl, add eggs, blackened seasoning and blue cheese.
- Mix well and form into 1/3 to 1/2 pound patties. Place in refrigerator until ready to put on the grill.
- Oil grates and light grill, bring to a temperature between 350° to 425°.
- You want to cook these on indirect heat until almost done, about 3 minutes per side.
- As the burger approach desired doneness move each one over the flame to sear the outside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter over medium heat until tender.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Stir together all ingredients an refrigerate until serving.
- Place burgers on bun and top with mushrooms, horseradish sauce, spinach, tomato, chives and parsley.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/black-and-blue-burgers/