My husband and I have been experimenting around with hot wings – be sure to stop by for Man Food Mondays next week to see the results of that! But anyway, if you are going to make a meal out of hot wings, you need some side dishes, and this Blue Cheese Coleslaw is just perfect.
I had eaten some blue cheese coleslaw at a restaurant not long ago, and only thought it was ok. But, I thought I could make it better, and I was right. This has the celery and carrots along with the blue cheese dressing combined with a more traditional coleslaw. It was just yummy and the perfect side dish to our delicious wings.
Blue Cheese Coleslaw
- 6 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup coarse ground mustard
- 2 Tbsps. white wine vinegar
- 4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, carrots, and celery.
- In a separate bowl, stir together garlic, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and cheese.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.