I have been seeing blueberry recipes all over the internet and have been dying to make one, so when trying out my new cake mix recipe, I just had to try it with blueberries. Let me tell you, this blueberry cake is divine. You just have to try it. I made it for dessert, but this would also make a great sweet breakfast.
The recipe does use my homemade cake mix, but in case you have not already made that. (And, you would have to be super quick to have done so, since I just posted it yesterday.) You can put together the mix for this cake in under ten minutes, and the whole thing won’t take much longer. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 recipe DIY Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 Tbsps. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsps. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Combine cake mix, egg, butter, and buttermilk.
- Beat with an electric mixer until well combined. You will still be able to see some of the powdered milk particles.
- Toss blueberries in flour and gently fold into batter.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This recipe was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.