- 1.5 lbs. stew beef or chuck roast cut in chunks
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (Do not drain.)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 medium beets, cut into bite sized chunks
- 4 carrots, cut into bite sized chunks
- 4 large red potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 3 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped plus more for serving
- sour cream for serving
- Add beef, broth, tomatoes, garlic, onion, beets, and carrots to the pot of a large slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in potatoes, cabbage, and dill.
- Cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Serve topped with sour cream and sprinkled with additional dill.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/borscht-2/