Broccoli and Mushroom Casserole
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked according to package directions (I used whole grain rotini.)
- 1 pound broccoli, trimmed of tough parts and cut into small pieces
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups water, plus more if needed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 15 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the broccoli and mushrooms in the water, stirring frequently until tender. You can add more water if necessary.
- If moisture does not cook away, drain vegetables and return to the pan, but turn off the heat.
- Stir in butter and garlic, stirring until butter is melted.
- Stir in ricotta, sour cream, and two cups of the cheddar, stirring until well combined.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish. T op with remaining cheese and bake until bubbly (about 30 minutes).
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/broccoli-and-mushroom-casserole/