Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
Yield 2 -4
- 2 cup broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (1 quart) milk (I used 2%.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
- In a large saucepan or pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in milk.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt and onion powder.
- Stir in cheese and broccoli and continue heating over low heat until cheese is melted and all is hot.
- Serve immediately topped with more cheese if desired.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/broccoli-cheddar-soup/