Broccoli salad is one of those things that has a way of showing up every year for Thanksgiving or Christmas or both. I mean, it really is delicious, and it is easy, and it is red and green too, so it looks festive. This year I decided to update the flavors a bit, so that it is not the same old broccoli salad, but is just as delicious. This is not the healthy version like the one I did at Daily Dish Magazine, but I’m in the holiday mood, which is not the dieting mood. You could easily leave out the bacon and use all yogurt for the dressing to make it healthier. At any rate, this is wonderful tasting and that is what I was going for. I really like it better than the original. The fresh pomegranate arils are nicer than dried fruit in my opinion, and well, I just have this irrational love of Gorgonzola and walnuts together, so to me this is perfect!
- 2 head broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces (about 8 to 10 cups)
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup crisp fried bacon, crumbled
- 6 oz. fat free Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup light mayonaise
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsps. honey
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Gently, toss together broccoli, walnuts, pomegranate arils, cheese, and bacon being careful not to break open the arils.
- Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over broccoli and stir gently to evenly distribute.
I looooooove broccoli and this is a wonderful salad!
I find if very unique as I’ve never tried broccoli with walnuts and cheese (I will omit the bacon and it’s forbidden for us)
[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.