Brunswick Stew for Man Food Mondays
- 6 legs and thighs
- 2 lbs. pulled pork
- 4 stalks celery
- 6 carrots
- 2 medium onion cut each into 1/4
- 1 bay leaf
- 1cup green beans
- 1 16 oz package frozen corn or 1 15 oz can corn
- 4 medium tomatoes peeled, sliced and seeded
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire
- 2 cups chicken broth OR chicken stock
- 1 cup okra
- 1 16 oz package of baby Lima beans or mixed vegetables
- In stock pot or black iron dutch oven just cover chicken in water and bring water to a boil with bay-leaf, carrots, celery, and one of the onions. Then, simmer for 1 hour.
- Once chicken is done remove from pot and de-bone. Then, shred chicken and set aside.
- Strain stock and keep 2 cups out, using a mesh strainer press the solids through into the stock and discard the veggie remainders.
- Pour the stock into your 6 qt slow cooker and Add the second onion and the remaining ingredients, set on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 4 to 6 hours.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/brunswick-stew-man-food-mondays/