I am finally getting in a little bit of a mood for fall. It is my favorite time of year after all, but my crazy summer schedule made me feel kind of like I missed summer, so I have been trying to hold on to it. I love Brussels Sprouts in fall and winter, but we are still pretty hot around here, so I turned these into a Brussels Sprouts Apple Cole Slaw. Lots of delicious fall flavor without the heat of cooking.
Brussels Sprouts and Apple Cole Slaw
Yield 6 -8
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts, trimmed
- 1 large apple (Chose your favorite variety.)
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used light.)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Shred or thinly slice Brussels Sprouts
- Finely chop the apple and then toss it in the lemon juice to prevent browning. I did not peel my apple, but you can if you want.
- Toss together shredded Brussels Sprouts, apple, and pecans.
- Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, celery salt, onion powder, sugar, and black pepper.
- Stir into Brussels Sprouts mixture.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.