This caramel bar is one of my families favorite desserts this time of year. My husband loves Halloween, and it is perfect for Halloween parties. The first time I made it, I made other desserts for the party, but this is what everyone ate. And, they didn’t just dip in the caramel, but made whole little desserts with a combination of their favorite dippers topped with caramel. You can use any marshmallows, but we are partial to ghost PEEPS® this time of year. The caramel is just caramel candy (I use Kraft bits) and sweetened condensed milk. I put them in a small Crock Pot that I have and stir it occasionally. It usually takes a little over an hour to melt completely. I then watch it throughout the party stirring and turning the pot off occasionally to keep it from burning. This might be the easiest dessert you ever make, and it will be insanely popular!
- 1 11 oz bag of caramels (I used Kraft bits.)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Dippers/Toppings - apple slices, pretzel rods, marshmallows, nuts, chocolate chips, anything else you like with caramel
- Place caramels and sweetened condensed milk in a small slow cooker.
- Cook stirring occasionally for about and hour.
- Serve with dippers and toppings.