Today is Memorial Day, so before I get started with my regular post, I want to thank all the service men and women and their families who have given their lives to keep us safe and defend our freedom.
I know many of you will be cooking out today and barbecue is one of the favorites. So, whether you bought it or made it, there is a good chance that you are going to have some leftover barbecue sauce, and this cheesy barbecue chicken is the perfect recipe to help you use it. If you have the sauce already made, it is really quick and easy. I used this sauce that I had leftover from my husband’s rotisserie barbecue chicken. I used boneless, skinless chicken breast halves. The ones I bought were very thick, and I wished I had cut them in half to get a thinner piece of chicken. That is up to you and what is available at your grocery store.
Cheesy Barbecue Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, plus more for dipping
- 4 oz. smoked Gouda cheese, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Brush with barbecue sauce.
- Bake until cooked through, brushing with barbecue sauce occasionally. Cooking time will vary widely based on thickness of chicken (30 minutes - 1 hour).
- Remove chicken from oven. Top with cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted.
This recipe was shared on What’d You Do This Weekend with The Tumbleweed Contessa and on Foodie Friends Friday.