Cheesy Italian Spaghetti Squash Bake
- spaghetti squash - You are going to need about six cups cooked, so I used two smallish squash.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups marinara sauce (about 2 26 ounce jars)
- 15 ounces fat free ricotta cheese
- 6 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (I used part skim).
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese (Use the cheap powdery kind. You need it to absorb some of the moisture from the squash.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Use a knife to pierce the skin of the spaghetti squash in various places all over. Place on a baking sheet and bake until tender (about 1 hour and 15 minutes.)
- When you remove the squash from the oven reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
- When squash is cool enough to work with, slice in half and scrape out and discard seeds.
- Use a fork to separate and remove strings.
- Toss the spaghetti squash with salt and olive oil.
- In a large deep baking dish (mine is kind of an odd size - a little smaller than 9"x13" and a little deeper, but 9"x13" would work), add a little marinara - just enough to cover the bottom of the dish, so that the squash doesn't stick.
- Layer about half the squash, half the ricotta, half remaining sauce, and half the mozzarella.
- Repeat layers and then sprinkle the top with the Parmesan.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until heated through, bubbly and golden brown on top.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/cheesy-italian-spaghetti-squash-bake/