This casserole was born out of me trying to figure out something to make without having to go to the grocery store. I really wasn’t expecting it to turn into something I would make again, let alone post about. But, it turned out really well and was super easy. I had chicken in the freezer, spaghetti and pasta sauce in the pantry, and cheese in the refrigerator, so I combined them all into a great comfort-food dinner.
As I said before, I had pasta sauce in the pantry, which was totally a fluke, since I usually make my own. It had been buy one get one free at the grocery store, and I had not been able to resist. I had also not used it, but this was the perfect opportunity. So, if you have a favorite store bought or homemade, use it. Or if you want homemade and need a recipe, here is my favorite.
Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 13.5 ounce package spaghetti (I used whole grain.)
- 11/2 - 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups marinara or pasta sauce
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta in boiling water until it just al dente.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Stir together pasta, chicken, sauce, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Place in a 9"x13" glass baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until bubbly and browned, and chicken is cooked through.