This week I have decided that it’s time for fall ice cream, Cinnamon Ice Cream to be exact. With the air getting a bit cooler here in the Hinterlands, we have been thinking about fall desserts and this cinnamon ice cream lends itself very well to just about any apple dish.
This is a simple and quick ice cream based on an earlier recipe that Michelle posted, an eggless vanilla that is very tasty. It takes about 15 minutes to put together, and depending on your ice cream maker, will freeze in about 30minutes. I used a Cuisinart counter top ice cream maker that has a bowl that you freeze ahead of time. We keep it in the freezer year round because you never know when it could be time for ice cream.
Ready, Set Go!
Cinnamon Ice Cream For Man Food Mondays
Yield 1 1/2 quarts
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Follow your machine manufacturer's instructions for freezing.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl making certain that all the cinnamon has blended with the liquids.
- Pour the suggested amount into the freezer bowl and start the freezer.
- When finished transfer, to a container and place in your freezer for at least 2 hours.
This is way simple. I do warn you that this recipe may make more liquid than your ice cream freezer can process….I know I had an over flow myself when I made this. As the liquid gets colder it starts to expand, plus if you put too much into the machine, it warms the bowl and inhibits the process. Pay attention to volume here, makes for a cleaner counter top :).
I served this on a fresh made Apple Crisp, which I will share a little later this week.
Please enjoy and let me know how it turns out for you.