This coconut granola just might be too good. I am having serious trouble keeping myself from over eating it. It has coconut and coconut oil it it. I really, really like coconut, but honestly this doesn’t taste overwhelmingly like coconut. It just tastes good. Granola is really so easy to make and homemade tastes so much better than store bought. And, when you make it at home you can control the fat and sugar content. To me, this is perfect-sweet enough and with enough fat to make it crisp and golden, but less that most.
And, then bake it. You need to watch it pretty well the last few minutes because it can go from brown to burnt really fast. Mine took right at 20 minutes, but I do like it toasty, so you if you like it less then you might want to cut back on the time a bit.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted (I did mine in the microwave for 15 seconds.)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup slice almonds
- 3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (Use gluten-free oats to make this recipe gluten-free.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Stir together coconut oil, honey, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Stir in almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, and oats.
- Spread over prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice during cooking time. After 15 minutes, watch carefully so that it doesn’t burn.