Coffee Rubbed Flank Steak for Man Food Mondays
- 1½ lb flank fteak
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons coffee beans fresh ground for 15 seconds
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- ½ teaspoon coco powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Lightly coat the flank steak on both sides with canola oil.
- Liberally dust each side of the flank steak with your dry rub and press it into the meat.
- Cover the flank steak with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minute to 2 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator 10 minutes before you are ready to cook it.
- Lightly oil a black iron skillet and place on the burner over medium high heat until hot.
- Place the flank steak in the hot pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and let sit in a warm oven for 5 minutes +/-
- Move it to a cutting board allow it to rest for 5 minutes then slice against the grain of the meat into ¼ slices and serve.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/coffee-rubbed-flank-steak-man-food-mondays/