This coleslaw has an Asian flair. I made it to go with some barbecued chicken my husband made because I just love the peanut/sesame flavor with barbecue. In addition to being delicious, the colors in this coleslaw make it quite pretty to serve.
The coleslaw is made with Napa cabbage, radicchio and bean sprouts, so it needs to be served immediately or it will become wilted and watery. If you need a salad you can make ahead, you could substitute regular and purple cabbage, and just stir in the bean sprouts at the last minute. Hope you enjoy!
Coleslaw with an Asian Twist
- 6 cups Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups radicchio, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsps. sugar
- 2 tsps. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. chili oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Toss together cabbage, radicchio, carrot, and bean sprouts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, sesame oil, chili oil, and salt until smooth.
- Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Serve immediately.