How many of you out there love cookie dough? Well, these Cookie Dough Truffles will satisfy your craving without raw eggs. Oh-my-goodness-YUM! To quote my son, “These are too good.” So, if cookie dough is your thing, you need to make these! Right now! You still have time to make them for Christmas or New Years.
There are lots of recipes out there for eggless raw cookie dough, but I just used my regular recipe without the eggs and baking soda plus a little extra butter to make up for moisture missing from the eggs. The results were perfect!
The recipe calls for 20 ounces of chocolate for dipping. You can used any chocolate you want really. I have been using half candy melts and half semi-sweet chocolate because the half-and-half mixture gives the smoothness of the melts, but tastes richer, but whatever you want will work. I prefer semi-sweet, but you could go with milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, colored white candy melts – whatever makes you happy. I melt mine in the microwave at 50 percent power using 30 second intervals and stirring well between each interval.
Cookie Dough Truffles
Yield 4 -5 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsps. salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 20 ounces chocolate of your choice, melted
- Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla, salt, and flour and mix until well combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Form dough into small balls.
- Dip in chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to set up before serving. Refrigerating will speed up the setting process if desired.
It’s breakfast time, but breakfast or anything else in the world does not appeal to me right now. I WANT THESE FOR BREAKFAST! They look wonderful, and I don’t think I’ll be able to get them off my mind!!
I am in love with these. They look stunning.
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
I definitely would make these cookie dough truffles, however, I don’t think that they would last very long – I have no self control when it comes to delicious chocolate nibbles like these!
Michelle – I’m in love! Chocolate is my favorite and I seriously want to eat these even though it’s almost time for bed…lol 🙂
Yeah, these are almost too good. I’m usually pretty good about letting the kids eat most of the sweets, but not with these!