Creamy Tomato Shrimp with Bow Tie Pasta
- 3 or 4 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped (You need about 2 cups after they are chopped.
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (I bought mine already peeled and deveined, which saved a lot time.)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (Use the powdery type because you will need it to thicken the sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz. bow tie pasta cooked using the package directions
- Add olive oil, tomatoes, basil, and garlic to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until liquid from tomatoes is reduced by half.
- Add shrimp and cook until almost done.
- Add half-and-half and both types of Parmesan cheese. Cook until cheese is melted and shrimp are cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over pasta.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/creamy-tomato-shrimp-bow-tie-pasta/