I just love curry and this salad is no exception. After I make it, I crave the dressing for days! And, I especially like curry with seafood, so this is especially yummy.
This recipe is also really quick and easy, which makes it a great healthy and delicious week night meal (or anytime). I do allow a little time for the shrimp to cool because I don’t like my lettuce to get warm. I do realize that many people quite possibly find it tastier to leave it hot, so eat it the way you like it. Not eating warm lettuce is just one of my weird eccentricities. I won’t even put lettuce on a hamburger because I don’t like it to get warm. I know, it is just me, but I have to tell you how I make the salad. No, matter what the temperature, I think you will love this though because I do! Hope you enjoy!
Curried Shrimp Salad
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 10 cups green leaf lettuce, torn or chopped
- 2 cups cilantro (You don't really even need to chop this, but you can if you want.)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp in olive oil just until cooked through. Toss with salt and curry powder.
- Stir together all ingredients until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place lettuce on each plate.
- Top with cilantro, red bell pepper, tomato, and shrimp.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Sprinkle with almonds.