Dad's Chocolate Pound Cake...on the Smoker For Man Food Mondays.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted after measuring
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Bakers Joy to coat the pan
- With a mixer, cream the Crisco and the butter.
- Add the sugar vanilla extract and the eggs and beat thoroughly
- Combine the dry ingredients then sift
- Add the dry ingredients all at once to the creamed mix with the mixer running
- Add milk and blend till smooth
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan (I used Bakers Joy).
- Bake at 325° for 90 minutes.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/dads-chocolate-pound-cake-on-the-smoker/