DIY: Cake Mix
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup non-fat dry milk
- the seeds of one vanilla bean
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup oil or melted butter
- 1 cup milk, buttermilk, or water
Note: For this cake, I used egg whites, oil, and milk. Also, if you don't have vanilla beans, you can substitute 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, but add it when you add the other liquids.
- Whisk together all ingredients and store in large zipper bags until use.
To make a single layer cake:
- Grease a 8" or 9" round cake pan or an 8"x 8" or 9" x 9" square cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium until well combined. The dried milk will not completely dissolve, so you will still be able to see those particles.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/diy-cake-mix/