Dracula's Bane Chili
- 15 cloves of garlic
- 1 ¼ lb beef chuck cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 10 ounce white mushrooms or 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 red onions, chopped
- 1 14 oz. can of diced tomato's
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsps. ancho chili powder
- 3 Tbsps. chili powder
- 2 tsps. cumin
- ¾ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 3 Tbsps. Honey
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. cornmeal
- To serve: sour cream and cheese
- In a small saucepan, cover garlic with water and bring to a boil. Simmer two minutes.
- Drain and transfer to slow cooker
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Saute meat over medium heat.
- Add a little water to pan loosen brown bits.
- Transfer to slow cooker
- Add remaining ingredients except for cornmeal and sour cream
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours
- minutes before serving add corn meal cook for 15 minutes
- Serve with sour cream and cheese if desired.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/draculas-bane-chili/