Easy Christmas Tree Doughnuts
- 8 large canned biscuits
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- oil for frying - I used canola. You will need enough to fill a skillet about 2 inches deep.
- Remove biscuits from can and place on waxed paper. Flatten each slightly and cut with a cookie cutter.
- Stir together sugar, water, food coloring, and vanilla.
- Heat oil about 2 inches deep in a large skillet. to 350 degrees. I used a deep iron skillet.
- Add biscuits and cook until brown on one side. Then, turn and cook until brown on the other side. You want them to be pretty brown, because if they are not, they will not be done in the middle, but this will not take long - no more than a minute on each side, probably less.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain the oil.
- Dip each doughnut in green glaze and set to dry on waxed paper. Sprinkle with sprinkles as you go because you need to add the sprinkles before the glaze dries, so that they will stick.
- Serve as soon as they are dry.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/easy-christmas-tree-doughnuts/