This recipe is super easy to make and really good. You can throw it in the slow cooker in less than 10 minutes, cook it all day, and then all you have to do is make some rice and serve. And, it isn’t one of those things that you are willing to eat just because it is easy, it really is delicious! This ease of preparation is becoming a necessity for weeknight meals for me as well as a lot of others I know, so when I find something I like, I will definitely share it with you.
I got the recipe from The Larson Lingo, and only changed the procedure a bit to make it a little thicker.
Easy Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken
- 1 (2.5-3 lb.) bag chicken tenderloins
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes (I used original.)
- Rice to serve 6
- cheddar cheese to garnish
- Stir together all ingredients in a large slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Break the chicken up with a fork and stir well.
- Remove the cover from the slow cooker and cook on high another hour. This will help to thicken it up.
- While the chicken cooks for the additional hour, cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve over rice and top with cheddar cheese.
Source: The Larson Lingo
This post was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.