Michelle and I were at my daughter’s so I could do some Daddy Doos for her a few weeks back.. she had offered to cook dinner and fixed this for us. We both thought it was amazingly good considering the effort that was put into making it. I asked my daughter for the recipe and tweeked it a bit (because I just cannot leave well enough alone) and fixed this it week thinking that this would be a great “side entree” for the holidays. My daughter explained that this recipe comes from her husband’s grandmother’s so kudos to her…
Easy Slow Cooker Ham for Man Food Mondays
1 3 to 5 lb fully cooked picnic ham (Mine came from Publix on sale.) 1 20 oz. bottle of cola (Coke is my choice...regular or cherry) do not buy the sugar free ones. 1 Tbsp. Ancho chili powder 1 Tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 3 to 5 lb fully cooked picnic ham (Mine came from Publix on sale.)
- 1 20 oz. bottle of cola (Coke is my choice...regular or cherry) do not buy the sugar free ones.
- 1 Tbsp. Ancho chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- The fully cooked picnic ham has been well salted at the factory so there is no need for extra salt.
- Remove the wrapper and cut the ham into chunks removing the bone. Place the chunks into your slow cooker and add the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add your cola and stir to make sure that all is well coated. Set your timer for 4 hours at high or 6 hours for low. Walk away and enjoy the day.
Given that the ham is already cooked you may find it difficult to not taste this off and on all day as it cooks…..I set this up and left the house.
It good, it’s easy and a no brainer any time of year.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all…next week we make spare ribs!