- 2 large eggplants
- 1 tps. salt plus more to prepare eggplant
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- canola oil for frying
- Peel eggplants and cut into thick cut fry sized pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for 30 minutes. This will remove any bitterness. The eggplant may turn slightly dark in places, but that is ok.
- Rinse and drain eggplant, but don't dry it. It needs to be slightly wet for the cornmeal mixture to stick.
- Stir together cornmeal, flour, and 1 tsp. salt.
- Toss eggplant in cornmeal mixture until coated.
- Heat oil to 1/2 inch depth in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry eggplant in batches, turning occasionally until golden brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towel lined plates.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/eggplant-fries/