I love green beans. They are one of my favorite vegetables, but I have to say that I tend to get in a rut with them and only cook them steamed or sauteed. These garlic Parmesan green beans are a delicious break from the ordinary. In fact, they might even become the new way that I make too often.
This recipe is quick and easy in addition to being delicious. Everything is made on the stove top in a skillet. I begin with adding a little water to the skillet to steam the beans before I saute them. This allows me to use less oil. Hope you enjoy!
Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
- 3/4 lb. green beans, washed, trimmed, and strung
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- the juice of one lemon
- 1/2 shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place beans in a skillet and add water to the skillet up to about 1/2 inch.
- Cook over medium high heat stirring frequently until beans are crisp tender.
- Add oil, garlic, and lemon juice. Stir and continue cooking until garlic is fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add Parmesan and cook stirring constantly just until cheese begins to melt. You don’t want it to melt completely and stick to your skillet.
This recipe was linked up on The Weekend Potluck at The Country Cook and on What’d You Do This Weekend with the Tumbleweed Contessa.