First, let me apologize for the spotty posting this week and last. Life has been abnormally busy, but things should be back to normal by Thursday. Hopefully, this recipe will make it up to you. This is one of those dishes that is amazingly delicious, yet fairly simple and even fairly quick to make. Now, I did use purchased gnocchi, which definitely helped with the quick and easy part. The homemade cheese sauce is a rich, velvety combination of Gruyere and Manchego cheeses. I only had one pound of gnocchi on hand, but I think I probably had enough cheese sauce for two pounds. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
Gnocchi with Gruyere-Manchego Sauce
Yield 2 -4
- 1 to 2 lbs. dried gnocchi
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup shredded Manchego cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: chopped parsley to garnish
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in gnocchi.
- Garnish if desired.
This recipe was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.