This grilled orange ginger salmon is absolutely wonderful. If you like salmon, you just have to try it! And, it is pretty too. It really comes together quickly, except for the time it spends marinating, but is definitely guest worthy. We eat a lot of salmon, and I think what I like best about this recipe is that it is so different from my other recipes. It has a spicy, slightly sweet, Asian flavor that compliments the salmon perfectly.
This recipe is one I adapted from this one at Cuisine Paradise, which is a blog with lots of wonderful international recipes that you should definitely check out. I added some cilantro and sriracha and changed the proportions to my own taste, but I’m sure the original version is wonderful too. I also added grilled orange slices. And, I have to say that these were really delicious and really add to the presentation of the dish! Hope you enjoy!
Grilled Orange Ginger Salmon
- 1 lb. salmon, cut into two filets
- 1/4 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 3 oranges, 1 zested and juiced, and the other 2 sliced (I used navel, so that I didn’t have to worry about seeds.)
- 2 Tbsps. soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 tsps. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- Whisk together marmalade, zest and juice of one orange, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, sriracha, and 1 Tbsp. cilantro.
- Place salmon in a dish and pour marinade over it. Allow to marinade, refrigerated for 1 to two hours, turning salmon over a few times while marinating.
- Grill until cooked through and fish flakes with a fork.
- Brush orange slices with vegetable oil and grill on both sides, just until seared and peel is slightly softened.
- Serve salmon over grilled orange slices.
Adapted from: Cuisine Paradise.