It is almost Halloween, so I just can’t resist making a few more Halloween themed foods. These eyeball cookies are super easy to make and taste delicious. The eyeballs themselves are large candy google eyes (I used Wilton). They are just black and white, so my daughter and I colored the white part with edible markers. Don’t try to oversize the cookies because in the time it took our larger ones to get done the candy eye melted too much and didn’t really look like an eye anymore. I made a few larger trying not to have to get out another cookie sheet (and I only had 24 eyes), but the ones that were just one small cookie scoop turned out great, so go ahead and get out another sheet if you need to instead of making larger cookies. If I had not made the larger ones, I probably would have had 30ish cookies, but one package of eyes only has 24, so you will either need to buy two packages of eyes or have a few plain cookies.
Halloween Eyeball Cookies
- 24 large candy google eyes
- edible markers in the colors you want your eyes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsps. salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tubes red gel icing
- Color the white part of the google eyes with the edible markers.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two large cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add salt and baking soda and mix for one minute.
- Add flour and mix until well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop drop onto prepared cookie sheets. Do not flatten. Press one eye into the center of each cookie. (Only press slightly, you don’t want to flatten the cookie.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown and almost set. I bake mine one sheet at a time.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Once cool draw in blood shot veins with red gel icing.
How Cute !!
We don not celebrate Halloween, but I just looooooove these cookies.
They could be a hit at any party 🙂
[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.