Halloween Eyeball Cookies
- 24 large candy google eyes
- edible markers in the colors you want your eyes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsps. salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tubes red gel icing
- Color the white part of the google eyes with the edible markers.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two large cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add salt and baking soda and mix for one minute.
- Add flour and mix until well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop drop onto prepared cookie sheets. Do not flatten. Press one eye into the center of each cookie. (Only press slightly, you don't want to flatten the cookie.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown and almost set. I bake mine one sheet at a time.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Once cool draw in blood shot veins with red gel icing.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/halloween-eye-ball-cookies/