Healthier Apple Muffins
- 2 cups apples, finely chopped (I used almost 2 Granny Smiths.)
- the juice of 1 lemon, to sprinkle over the apples so they don't turn brown
- 1 cup whole white wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- After you have chopped the apples, sprinkle with the lemon juice and stir to coat. This will prevent the apples from turning brown.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 12 cavities of a muffin pan with liners.
- Whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and coconut sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir together yogurt, oil, eggs, vanilla, and honey.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until all is moistened.
- Stir in apples.
- Evenly divide mixture among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for approximately 24 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/healthier-apple-muffins/