Healthy Creamy Chicken and Kale Soup
Yield 4 -6
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 3 cups almond milk
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound kale, chopped
- Place chicken breasts, coconut milk, and almond milk in a large pot.
- Stir in garlic, salt, oregano, basil, and onion powder.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until chicken is cooked through. Time will be dependent on the thickness of you chicken breast, but mine took about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pot and cut into bite sized pieces. Return chicken to the pot and add the mushrooms. Continue cooking until mushrooms are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add kale and cook until wilted. If your pot is not big enough, you may need to add the kale a little at a time, allowing it to cook down a bit before each addition.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/healthy-creamy-chicken-kale-soup/