Now that it is about to be fall (as in tomorrow is the first day, yay!), I know many people that will leave salads behind with the summer, but salads are not just for summer. In fact, many lettuces grow well in the fall. And, salad isn’t just about summer vegetables like tomatoes and peppers. This steak salad has fall apples, mushrooms, nuts, strong cheese. It is a hearty delicious addition to your fall menu.
Hearty Steak Salad
- 1 lb. thinly sliced steak (I used sirloin tip.)
- Montreal seasoning to taste
- 2 Tbsps. butter
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. country Dijion mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups lettuce (I used endive.)
- 8 oz. sliced mushroom
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1 large apple (I used granny smith.)
- 3 oz. blue cheese crumbled
- Sprinkle steak with Montreal Seasoning.
- Heat butter in a large skillet, add steak and cook until desired doneness.
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Top lettuce with steak, mushrooms, nuts, apple, and cheese.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Serve immediately