This week has been completely insane. Just crazy. I mean the router went out, a pipe burst, and the thermostat on the the water heater went out, and those are just the highlights. There was more. Anyway, Steve is quite good a fixing things, but not quite as good at cooking and writing posts at the same time he is fixing things, so there is no Man Food Mondays today. Have no fear he will be back next week, and in the mean time, I am going to share with you my Homemade Italian Salad Dressing recipe.
Once you start making homemade salad dressing, it is hard to go back to store bought. And, it is so easy! I mean really all you are doing here is putting a few ingredients in a jar and shaking it up. It is so worth it. In the recipe, I list olive oil as an ingredient without listing the type. I use extra virgin olive oil in mine, but it does taste very olive oily, so if you don’t like that flavor, chose a lighter olive oil or another oil altogether.
Homemade Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously.
- Shake again just before pouring over your salad.
- Store in the refrigerator.