I’m a bit off schedule with my posting this week. I’ve had midterms, which has put me a bit behind, and I really wanted to do Fill the Cookie Jar this month. So, since Fill the Cookie Jar is on Thursday, I just bumped Wednesday to Thursday. I love cookies so I really love this group, but I don’t always get around to making cookies.
This month’s theme was St. Patrick’s Day. My first thought was to make cookies with the grand kids that were here last weekend, but I really just couldn’t come up with anything that I have not already done, thought they would eat, and would stick to the theme. So, I decided on these Irish Cream Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – without the kids because of the alcohol. These are yummy with just a hint of Irish Cream – enough to taste, but not enough to get tired of.
Don’t forget to scroll down and see all the other cookies from Fill the Cookie Jar this month!
Irish Cream Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for #fillthecookiejar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Irish cream (I used Bailey's.)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 3 large cookies sheets with parchement
- Cream together butter and brown sugar in the large bowl of an electric mixer on medium until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low after each addition.
- While the mixer is running on low, slowly pour in the Irish Cream.
- Add flour and mix on medium until well combined.
- Mix in oats and chocolate chips with power set on low. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Drop by the tablespoon full (I use a cookie scoop that is just slightly larger than a tablespoon.) onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until cookies are slightly brown and almost set. I cooked mine one sheet at a time.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and then remove with a spatula to a wire rack to cool completely.