So, we have been trying to eat healthier. One of the things we have been doing is trying to include more greens. So, adding greens to breakfast seemed like a good idea. There are just two problems with that: I don’t like to fix breakfast, and I have disliked every green smoothie (until now) that I have tasted. I mean, I like greens, but not in the other smoothies I have tried, so why not just eat them. However, I couldn’t just leave this alone, I had to find one that I liked, and this Kale and Pineapple Smoothie really is good. Now, I still have to make it, so it is more likely to appear sometime around lunch than breakfast, but hey, it is extra greens no matter what time of the day.
This recipe serves two, but you could half it if you are only making it for one. It also uses dairy products, which I know some people have a hard time with, so feel free to substitute non-dairy yogurt and milk.
Kale and Pineapple Smoothies
- 6 cups kale, washed and coarse stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt (I used 2%.)
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%.)
- 2 tablespoons honey or to taste
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth and serve immediately.