This is going to be a quick post because I have just been incredibly busy with school. That being said,this Kale and Sausage Pasta is perfect for incredibly busy. It is a quick and delicious way to get dinner on the table in a hurry. Kale is one of my favorite vegetables anyway, and it is just perfect with the sausage and white beans in this dish.
And to add to the already awesome combination of easy and delicious, this dish is good for you! In addition to the the kale I used chicken sausage and whole grain pasta keep it healthy.
Kale and Sausage Pasta
- 7 oz. spaghetti cooked according to package directions (I used whole grain.)
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. smoked chicken sausage, sliced into 1/2 to 1 inch thick slices
- 1 14 oz. can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 pound kale, chopped
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until mushrooms are tender.
- And sausage, and cook until heated through. (The kind I bought, was fully cooked, so it just needed to be hot, not really cooked.)
- Add beans and tomatoes and cook until hot.
- Stir in kale and cook until all kale is wilted.
- Toss with pasta and serve immediately.
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Craving a bowlful of this delicious pasta right now. I have never used kale before in pasta so this is definitely something that I need to try!
I am kind of a kale addict, so there isn’t much I have not put it with.